Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Great Bridge

As part of my Pilgrimage this year is my use of audio books. My plan was to download audio books onto my ipod nano from the library. I've listened to a few on my ipad and really enjoyed them. Alas, my ipod won't take library books. It'll only take books from Itunes. My Ipad is too big to take on a run, so I bought a book for my nano. I'm working on getting library books on my wife's Itouch. That I can run with.

So, tonight I ran listening to "The Great Bridge" by David McCullough. It's the history of the building of the Brooklyn Bridge in the late 1800's. If McCullough wrote a book about the invention of vacuum cleaners or headbands, I'd read it. He's that good. Loved "1776" and "John Adams". Really loved "The Greater Journey, Americans in Paris". This book seems to be a good one too.

Plus, it distracts me from the aches of my run. I got in 3 miles tonight and 12 miles in the last 7 days. I'm still not running the entire run, but each time out I run a bit further before I transition into a run/walk to finish the run.

No comments: