Friday, October 14, 2011

Pilgrimage 51

Today is 24 days before I start my "Pilgrimage 51". A year of eating healthy, running stronger and living life to the fullest.

I'm in my pre pilgrimage stage. No, I won't take this year to the road like a typical pilgrimage. I'll be doing life right here in Arizona. In 24 days I will be celebrating my 50th birthday, but I won't wait to start doing the right things until then. I've already started.

This week I've gotten four runs in. A 3 miler and 3 two milers. Each one has been better than the last. I've also started a "Gorilla Workout" program. It's a free app on my Ipad that is basically calistenics without any weights or tools needed.

This blog will touch on three things for the next year.

1. My running and fitness activities.
2. My food life. Eating better, eating less and eating adventurously.
3. My Adventure leisure side. Whether it's playing softball or vintage base ball or hiking a mountain; I plan to enjoy life.

It's gonna be a great year!