Saturday, August 08, 2009

A Slow Road to Recovery

I put off the Xray because my ankle was feeling better. But, not 100%. Finally, I talked to the nurse practioner and she arrange for an Xray, which I had on July 14th.

The conclusion: "Lateral soft tissue swelling and possible tiny avulsion distal fibula."

Recommended therapy: Rest and Ice. I can do that.

So I've rested. Iced. And started power walking, advancing into easy runs.

That's been my summer. I've missed several races, but slowly I'm getting better. I'm way behind on my marathon training. Do you think the Twin Cities Marathon will postpone the race until I'm able to do it?

Didn't think so.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

No fun at all. Take care of that ankle.

I won't be at the ARR race. My knee has kept me from any running at all for about two months now. Trying to stay in shape with other stuff, but having mixed success.

Irene said...

Glad to see you've posted something! Do take care of that ankle. If not the ARR, then will you be ready for the next one on your list?

TNTcoach Ken said...

Pat, I'm drafting a letter to Twin Cities. I'm sure they'll postpone it for you.......... Get better.

The Boring Runner said...

X-rays!? Wow, that sucks - a lot.

I had to email the RD for Twin Cities..... so, we're pretty much soulmates now. I'll give him a shout and see what I can do.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.