Saturday, December 16, 2006

Japanese Marathon

So, I'm looking for a runner's blog in Japan. I'm half Japanese, so I'm always into anything from the land of the rising sun. Which is funny, because I live in the 'Valley of the (incredibly hot) Sun'.

Anyway, I come across these two websites:

Marathon Day In Japan, please note that any long run in Japan is called a marathon. It looks like all kids do an appropriate distance for their age. We should do this in the states.

Folding a Shirt In Japan, I learned this and now my wife expects me to fold all our shirts.

If anyone knows of a runner's blog from Japan, please let me know. I'd like to follow it.

Pat

5 comments:

MNFirefly said...

How cool!

Unknown said...

interestung websites!

Black Knight said...

...........and I am totally italian, so I cannot help you, sorry.

Phil said...

2:34 spent running is an awesome performance Pat. You beat me by a minute! That's a long time to stay on your feet.

Thanks for the web references.

日本語を話すか。

Turner said...

I'm a marathon runner in Japan, and post info about my routes and races near Hiroshima. Gaijin on the Run.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions. I also found a foreigner in Japan's blog from Okinawa (an island off the southern coast of Japan; part of the country). Running in Okinawa