Wednesday, October 07, 2009

2009 Twin Cities Marathon

Some random pictures from the TC Marathon. This is the Basilica of St. Marys in downtown Minneapolis. The bells were ringing as I ran by.
Not sure why this deer was on the course. But, I got a picture with him. The ING orange hat was a freebie at the expo. I ended up tossing it in the air at the finish, just like Mary Tyler Moore.
The wall at mile 20. I gave it a Mike Tyson double punch as I passed. Soon the hills returned the favor.

It has to be one of the great finishes in all marathons. You pass under the huge US Flag courtesy of the fire department and then it's downhill straight away to the finish in front of the state capitol.


The medal



For more information and my splits you can see


3 comments:

The Boring Runner said...

You got a lot of great pictures!

Irene said...

Gotta have pics with the deer!

Cool medal, too.

Unknown said...

Awesome job, Pat!