Thursday, October 08, 2009

The Twin Cities Marathon map



Check out the elevation gain in the first mile. I think I know what caused that. As we run in downtown Minneapolis, the county court house (403 feet tall) is on both sides of the street and is literally over the road. You run in a tunnel for about a block. All the runners howl, which is kinda cool. I think the building interfered with my garmin and showed my run as if I had climbed over the building. My mileage was off most of the day too and I finished with an extra half mile tacked on.

2 comments:

The Boring Runner said...

Are you sure that the spike that the beginning was a GPS issue? Maybe you climbed one of the tall buildings and don't remember it. Hey, it could happen, right?

Anonymous said...

searching for same blog engine