Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Joy of Running






Ran another 2.4 miles last night. My 'joy of running' is high, even though my 'endurance' is low. 11.2 miles done for the week. That includes lots of walking/scrambling in South Mountain park on Thursday.
Did anyone watch Food Revolution on ABC? Jaimy Oliver (The Naked Chef) has come over from the British Empire and is trying to help the fine folks of West Virginia eat less fried food and road kill. So, the Monahan's of Arizona plan to start eating a lot better too. Less refined sugars and more whole foods. I'll try to document our progress here. With pictures.


So, your job is to be brutally honest with me. Like, "Pat, I don't think a Peanut Buster Parfait from Dairy Queen for five days in a row is what you planned" or "Pat, that salmon bake with brown rice looked awful, how'd you eat it?"

Now, this is a meal. Maybe cut that steak up into three meals, less potatos and more veggies. Bon Appetit!


Of course this was my breakfast.




4 comments:

TNTcoach Ken said...

Okay, we can say anything we want to????? I like that kind of high you were on, isn't it great?

Anonymous said...

I've made an effort to reduce the packaged foods I buy, but it's a challenge...especially for the kids. It's a work in progress for me, so you're not alone!

The Boring Runner said...

It is crazy how much those kids ate that was packaged - like 100%!!

Unknown said...

Ummmm. That meal looks really good!