Friday, April 27, 2007

We are pushing 100 degrees!

Anyday now Phoenix will reach triple digits and stay there until september. Yesterday I saw a guy running on the canal in Scottsdale in the middle of the day. I told him it was too hot for that, but it was the only time he could run. I choose to run after the sun sets. It was still 87 degrees, so I worked up a good sweat and got to add another 5 miles to my lifetime mileage.





Drum roll please. . .





I am now at 603 miles since I started counting last August. I'm up to 45 miles for the month and ran today without thinking about my knee at all. I think that problem has been shelved for awhile. Now to get my mileage up a bit more and my endurance up. I ran the 5 miles today in 1 hour and 10 seconds. I need to start thinking about my next race. Probably a 5k, but maybe a 10k.

Thursday the 19th, West USA Realty had there annual convention. I've been a Realtor their going on 10 years. Amy and I went and got to see the Cardinals Dome for the first time. I wasn't all that impressed. Not very bright. It reminded me of a Costco or Sam's Club. I guess they should have named it Costco Field. They named it 'The University of Phoenix Stadium'. You may have a UoP building in your city, their popping up everywhere. But, you have to realize that it's an internet school with no football team. So, the cardinals went from a university stadium that has a university team to a stadium named after a university that doesn't have a team. Confused?



3 comments:

MNFirefly said...

OMG! That's hot! I sit in a room doing yoga when it's that warm, but not being somewhere I can not escape from it. No way!

J~Mom said...

Ok, that is confusing and I live here. LOL It's crazy out there isnt' it?

J~Mom said...

PS Congrats on all those miles!!!!!!!!