Sunday, August 03, 2008

Baseball and Running

Tonight was a downtown Mesa run. I dropped my kids off at a church dance and got my run in. I decided I would run up to Fitch Park, the spring training home of the Chicago Cubs. There I got to watch the Cubs / Giants game for three innings. No, not the real Cubs / Giants, but the rookie league teams. A bunch of 8-21 year old kids wanting to make it to the majors some day. 2.45 miles before the game and 1.3 after. The games are free and are there's usually less than a dozen fans. You sit with the extra players when you watch the game.

I ran past the Mesa Arts Center, which has really cool fountians and landscaping. Here's one of the water features.





3 comments:

Jeff said...

Spring Training in August? Hmmm.

Great to see you back Pat. I know you'll blow away August.

J~Mom said...

It's so great to see you posting! What are your racing thoughts? PFChang's? Sunday?

Cheryl said...

Cool fountain! Happy running. :-)