Sunday, February 17, 2008

Perfect Weather

Mile 1280, Chandler, AZ- I got in 5.62 miles yesterday in perfect weather. It was around 60 degrees with blue skies. I ran on the canal on the north east side of Chandler. The canal bank was a bit muddy and the service trucks left lots of trails. I really didn't want the outing to end. But, I knew that when I got back to the truck, it would be over. So, I did the unthinkable. I walked a lot of it. Normally, I would walk about 5-10%, but yesterday I walked about 40%. The second half of the run I was doing about 1-2 minutes of fast running. Normally, I go around a 10:30 -12 minute pace. I was in the 7's and 8's and I would try to hold it for as long as I could. Kind of like wind sprints. I was winded for sure.
No pictures from the run. But, I did snap a few while working this week. This is the ceiling of some little kid. The home is for sale and vacant now. The picture doesn't do it justice. The stars are those plastice glow in the dark kind. It was beautiful
Near downtown Mesa near the train tracks I found this mural. It's on the side of a large barn/warehouse. This is just half of it. Those are cows parachuting down to earth.


4 comments:

Cheryl said...

How'd the knee hold up with 5.62 miles? Hope it's doing OK. I was thinking the doc might have been a bit too nonchalant about your injury, but I'm just a such worrier anyway.

Love the pictures! Parachuting cows - what great scenery!

Jeff said...

Glad to read about the run, Pat. 60 degrees sounds perfect. Good that you're back out there. I'm sure we'll be reading about you and the Tumbleweed club long runs again very soon.

J~Mom said...

I am sure loving this weather right now! It's been perfect! Do you think your knee will be good to go this week for a long-ish run?

Nancy said...

Great pics, Pat!

How is your knee doing? I'm so glad to see that you are running. I've been trying to catch up with reading after being gone but I know the tumbleweeds have been running without you. I hope you are on the mend. Love that Desert hardware. Congrats that a great accomplishment!!