Tuesday, August 01, 2006

IPOD time

I decided i needed an ipod for those times I run alone. My son and daughter have run with me and we talk and I like that. But, they don't always run with me.

I bought an ipod like my daughters. A nano. I have used it twice now. I run around 8 or 9 pm in the dark around a block that is 1/3 of a mile.

At first I could run one lap, then walk a lap, then run 1/2 a lap and walk the final 1/2 lap. Last night I ran 2 laps and walked/jogged the final lap. Soon I will be able to run the full 3 laps for a mile. It was cooler yesterday. In the 90's for the high and I'm thinking it was around 90 when I ran. Much cooler than last week.

I've felt some discomfort in my left calf the last couple times I ran. Last night it hurt a bit more after the two laps. I iced it when I got home. Today it hurts when I walk, but I'm sure it will get better. I think it's a bit of tendenitis (?). I'll take today off and see how it feels tomorrow.

pat

No comments: