Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Nap Time

I run at night after the sun has set and it's cooler in the desert we call home. But, last night it was 7 pm and I was ready for bed. Whenever, I go to sleep that early I always wake up. So, I planned to take a nap for 1-2 hours and then maybe run. Of course, I taped the Reds/Cardinals game to watch, as well.

Sure enough I woke up around 9 but was still tired.

I chose to watch the Reds game ( I love the Reds) and ride the exercise bike. The Reds game was dreadful. The Cards went up 7 zip in the first two ininngs and I lost interest. As I rode the bike, I concentrated on my workout thoughts. Normally, I try to think about other things besides being tired and wanting to stop running or biking. I listen to my Ipod or I think about golf, baseball, etc when I run. When I ride the exercise bike I watch tv. the Reds game was not keeping my attention.

I rode for 40 minutes and 7.7 miles. During the ride I noticed I was always thinking about finishing. When I get to 4 miles I'm gonna stop. When I get to 30 minutes, I'm gonna stop. I need to change my thinking.

Not sure what I should do when I start getting those thoughts. I'll come up with something.

I did stop to do some stretching. In the 'Beginners Guide to Running' it gave me some good stretching ideas. I will stretch after every run now on.

Pat

No comments: