Thursday, August 31, 2006

Thank You!

"If I have seen farther than others it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants" - Sir Isaac Newton.

Tyler just read a Ray Bradbury book about how even the slightest changed can have big effects in one's life. It is called the, "Sound of Thunder". We also watched the movie for extra credit.

Why am I running today? Because I know of several individuals that have run and it has changed their lives.

My brother, Thom, ran the NYC Marathon back in 1996. I didn't realize how big it was back then. Thom does lots of interesting things, but running the marathon may be one of the bigger things he's done. I recently got on the internet to see results from the NYC Marathon. Thom not only finished the race, but he did it around 6 hours. Now that's not blazing, but you do have to train for a time like that. Thanks Thom for being an inspiration.

I recently learned my cousin, David Monahan participated in the IronMan Triathlon in Phoenix. That's unbelievable. He swam 2.4 miles, biked 112 miles and then ran 26.2 miles all in about 14 hours.

When I was back visiting relatives I noticed my sister in law, Raegan Potter had lost a bunch of weight and was looking very healthy. She said she was running something like 4 miles a day. I forget her times and whether she has been in any races. I'll have to email her to find out more.

These are just three examples of people in my life that have influenced me to run.

Thank you,

Pat

No comments: