Friday, August 04, 2006

Up Time

The left calf felt much better. I was able to do a slow jog for 2/3 of a mile and then walked for another mile. If I kept running, I think I would have reinjured the calf. My other leg feels fine, both feet feel fine and I'm less winded when I run. I did time myself and I was out there for 30 minutes.

I finished reading John "The Penguin" Bingham's book "The Courage to Start". I highly recommend it. My favorite quote from The Penguin and I'm sure it's a favorite of a lot of people is, "the miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start".

Now I'm reading "Beginning Running" by Amby Burfoot of Runner's World Magazine and "How Running Changed My Life", a collection of true stories about running edited by Garth Battista.

One more step, pat

No comments: