Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Vacation time

We had a vacation planned for the last week in June. We went to Indiana and spent time with my in laws in West Lafayette. I brought my running shoes. I didn't run as much as I should have, but I did run over to Purdue University and it's football stadium. It was about 6/10 of a mile and I ran about half of it. The stadium was open so I went inside and ran the steps from field level to the top. 120 feet up and I walked down the next stairway. Rested and ran up the next aisle. I ran up three aisles, before I was spent. It was neat to be in the stadium and I think I will try to do this at other college football stadiums too.

I then went and rested in the basketball arena and watch some kids basketball camp. Finally, I walked/jogged back to my mother in laws home. It was a good work out and I enjoyed it.

We then went to Cincinnati, Ohio to visit my folks. My son was in the Junior Olympic Archery National Tournament in Lebanon, Ohio so we timed the trip to visit family. He shot his personal best in the tournament. My father has a treadmill and I had not really run on a treadmill for any length of time. The only other time was to buy running shoes a few weeks earlier.

While in Cincinnati I ran on my dad's treadmill a few times up to one mile. It' easier running on a treadmill. I watched the Reds games will I ran.

Pat

No comments: