Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Good Test Run

Yesterday I tried running. I walked about 200 feet and turned around as my foot was still giving me a little problem. I'm medicating with Ibuprofen, icing and using a tennis ball on my foot like Chad suggested. Tonight I ran. Just two miles around the neighborhood, but it was pain free. I ran at an 11 minute pace and hopefully, if it doesn't hurt in the morning I can do 4 or 5 miles tomorrow.

Here's some pictures from my first run in Indiana. This is the Harry Potter run.

It started out running between the corn rows on a nice flat country road.
I ran past this century farm. It's been in the same family for over 100 years. The name on the mailbox is Ade, which is (I believe) the family that Purdue's football stadium is named after (Ross-Ade Stadium).

Across the street from the farm is the family cemetery. Some of the tombstones were so old you couldn't read them. Many of them were pre 1900 burials. One Ade monument was freshly dug.


As I rounded the corner, I had to contend with a large downhill. This was the view at the bottom. Unfortunately, it had a matching hill that I had to climb later.



7 comments:

J~Mom said...

Glad your foot is feeling better!

Darrell said...

Good news about the 2 miler. Be careful and don't ramp back up too quickly.

Marcy said...

Looks like a nice run :-)

Unknown said...

I'm glad the tennis ball trick is helping.

Those are beautiful pictures. What a fun place to run...at least until it snows. ;-)

Nat said...

Glad it's healing.
I have to ask why it's a Harry Potter run?

E said...

Glad to hear the foot is better!

Jeff said...

Injuries suck! Good to read that your foot is feeling better.