Saturday, October 11, 2008

Hill Street Blues

20 miles of hills may not be what the doctor ordered. It's way more hilly here in Indiana and Ohio than it is in good ole' Chandler. And my right big toe does not like it.

I DNS'd (did not start) today at Tyler's Run. The morning after my 11 miler, my big toe hurt. I didn't know why, since it was fine during the run. The only thing I can think of was that the excessive hills have given me a case of Metatarsalgia. Now the ball of my right foot hurts and I can barely move my big toe.

I ran again in Ohio near my folks home on Thursday. I got 4.5 miles in and some more hills. On Friday, I could barely walk. All my runs have been enjoyable and pain free on this trip, but I didn't want to push it for the race today.

The cure is rest and ice. Hopefully, the airplane trip today won't create any swelling.

3 comments:

Nat said...

I get that from time to time but didn't know it had a name. I hope it heals up quickly.

J~Mom said...

Same with me! I get a sore big toe like that every 2-3 months and a day or two off always cures it!! Hope yours feels better soon!

Unknown said...

I can't say I have ever had that problem, but I have heard of others who have. Get some rest and roll a tennis ball under your foot and that should loosen things up. Have a safe trip back.