Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Florida 41 OSU 14

So this week has started out on s sour note. Florida was unbelievable. So was Ohio State. So, what did I do during the game. I ate. and ate. and ate a bit more. Tostitoes, cheese and crackers, chili (the cincinnati kind) and ice cream. Losing football will do this to you.

But hey, it wasn't all bad. Urban Meyer played football at the University of Cincinnati and well, the Buckeyes did beat Michigan and that's the only game that counts anyway.

And it only gets worse. I get up the next morning and my computer screen tells me that it shut down and to expect an iminent disaster. I'm I about to lose everything on my computer. Thank God, my real estate data is saved on a server far far away. So I spend Tuesday spending $1400 on a laptop to replace my computer.

But hey, it wasn't all bad. I got a really cool laptop (Toshiba) and it's way faster than my old desktop.

And then it gets worse. I plug in my Ipod carefully figuring I could save my music. I clicked on the button to save what I had on my Ipod to the computer. I didn't read it and it saved the two pieces of music that comes with Itunes on my Ipod and dumped the rest. Now I have to run listening to Symphony #9 by Scherzo and Highway Blues by Marc Seales.

But hey, it wasn't all bad. We have a lot of CD's. I don't buy them, my wife does and I like some of them, so I'll just put them on my computer.

And then it gets worse. And probably won't get better because









I got tagged
and now I have to. . .
The Rules:Find the nearest book.Turn to page 123.Find the fifth sentence.Copy the next three sentences here.Tag three people.
.
.
.
It's the Baseball Encyclopedia. My third one. I'm really a stats nut.
I won't bore you but the 5th thru 7th line is the 1993 thru 1995 seasons for a San Diego Padre 1st baseman named Archi Cianfrocco. He played in 206 games those three years and batted 241 with 21 homers. He didn't have much of a career, but I'm sure he'll remember it for the rest of his life.
Which brings me back to my week. I may not have had much of a week, but I'm sure I'll remember it for quite some time. And hopefully I'll finish with a great run this Sunday.
I hope all of my readers are having a wonderful beginning to 2007.
Pat
Oh yeah, I did run today. 3.1 miles in 35 minutes and 6 seconds. An 11:16 pace on a beautiful day in the desert.

6 comments:

Phil said...

Eating junk and watching football sort of go hand-in-hand. But at least college football is over for a while. You can now focus on your 1/2 marathon on Sunday.

Good luck.

onepinkfuzzy said...

phil's right.

and yay for new 'puter!

Unknown said...

Ooooo- new toy! I'm jealous!

LOL about the ipod. I'm sorry. It's a good excuse to download a clean slate though. Try some hip hop. It makes you run fast, or at least want to stop every once in a while and shake your butt!

J~Mom said...

Fun post! I am sorry about your computer though! We just went through all of that! I am still rebuilding emails and bookmarks. You are almost to the half!! WOOHOO!!

J~Mom said...

I meant the way you wrote it was fun but not all the bad stuff. ;>)

Black Knight said...

A new computer for a great report of a great half marathon! Good luck on Sunday.