Sunday, January 07, 2007

Nike + Problems

I dropped my daughter off at church youth group and planned a run in the neighborhood near our church. It's called Dobson Ranch and it is a master planned community built in the early 1980's. It has several lakes and I ran around the north lake. It was dark, so I didn't see much, but I enjoyed the run.

I started my nike + on my ipod but I didn't get voice prompts. The music played, the time and mileage got recorded. I just didn' t hear the lady tell me my pace and when I reached each mile. When I got home, all the data was lost. I hope this is only a one time problem. We'll see.

Before I lost the data, I did look at it. From memory I did about 4.8 miles in 1 hour and 1 minute and some seconds. I ran a bit better, but in the middle of the run I walked for almost half a mile. I don't know why. I was just enjoying the walk.

This time next sunday I will have done my first half marathon. Before than I will attend a TnT meeting on Wednesday, met several fellow bloggers on Friday, gone to the health expo and carb loaded with the Tnt'ers on Saturday night. On Monday I am going to hear The Penquin, John Bingham speak to a group of TnT'ers.

It'll be a perfect week, especially if the Buckeyes win big tomorrow night. (I grew up in Ohio and my heart is still with my Ohio teams: Buckeyes football, Bengals football & Reds Baseball)

6 comments:

Angel Feathers Tickle Me said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pat said...

I deleted it because it was just too weird and had nothing to do with anything.

Phil said...

Best of luck this week Pat. You've done a great job training for your first 1/2 marathon. You should do very well with your run/walk strategy.

J~Mom said...

Pat, It sounds like an awesome week!

I can't come to the blogger meet up, my little tyke has a bday party that night. Bummer. Take lots of pics for me!

bigmike600 said...

GOOD LUCK PAT. I hope Ohio State wins tonight as well. Not much of a SEC fan.
I do hope Wisconsin beats Ohio State in hoops tomorrow. The Badgers have the highest ranking in school history right now and it would be awesome to see them win a national championship sometime in my lifetime in either hoops or football. Once again GOOD LUCK.

MNFirefly said...

My condolences about the Ohio State loss. My cousins are Florida alums..so we will be HAPPY.

See you on Friday night!!