Sunday, January 21, 2007

Marathoners Everywhere

I went to a friend's 50th Birthday party last nite. I had a great time because it was the first party after I ran a half marathon. I got to brag a bit.

Then today, at church we're leaving and the guy in front of me says to another couple, "So, did you run the marathon?" It turns out that there was a couple sitting in front of me that ran last Sunday and the couple behind me ran too. That makes 5 runners in three pews.

Today's Run: 4.21 miles in 48:05 at a pace of 11:25. I cut the run short because the rain was coming. It rained all morning and we had a 4 hour window in the afternoon before the rain returned. I am so happy it rained this week and not last week.

4 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Pat, you have every right to brag because you are part of the 1%. I did my share as well when I returned home.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I'd be telling everyone, and I might even wear my medal for a few days.

RunninRobin said...

Awesome job on the half marathon!!! Aint braggin fun? ;)

J~Mom said...

I am totally finding out the same thing! Runners, runners everywhere!