Friday, June 15, 2007

Six Weird Things About Me

Thank God I get to stop at Six. Angie tagged me to make this list. Here I go:



1. I like to read about other people's running and races. I know it doesn't sound weird to you, but to the rest of the world, it does.

2.I cannot read in bed. I will fall asleep no matter how good the book is.

3.I wear a cotton baseball cap when I run. It gets drenched in sweat and I like to use it as a barometer of how hard I've run. My daughter thinks it's really gross.


4. I coach my daughters volleyball team. I've never played volleyball and don't know much about it and eventually the kids are going to figure this out. But, I've fooled them for 2 years now and I think I can fool them for a couple more.

5. I like 70's music. Not so much the disco stuff, which I guess makes it less weird.

6. My daughter is really into the Gilmour Girls. She has every season on tape. I can't read when she's watching the show, because I get caught up in it. I can ignore other shows, but I can't ignore GG. But, I'm not into the show. Honest.

Angie tagged me. You should check out her blog and her Grand Canyon photos. I really dig the Grand Canyon and she ran it rim to river and back. And I'm tagging . . .

you. If you've read this and haven't been tagged by someone else. Your it.

thanks, pat

Softball Nite: We played the Blind Bats. It was a pitchers duel. and they lead until the last inning. We scored four runs to go up 6-5 and all we had to do was get three outs to win the game. The first batter was a women and I got her out on strikes. The second batter hit to the shortstop who threw it a bit high. The first baseman couldn't make the play and like that, they had a runner on second. The next woman hit it back to me, the pitcher. I looked the runner back and threw to first for the second out. The runner ran anyway and made it to third, barely. The last batter lofted a fly ball to our left fielder. He came in a bit too far and we thought he was going to miss the ball and the game would be tied. At the last moment he leaped up (he's a big guy, so it wasn't much of a leap) and barely caught the ball. We won. We're now 3-2 with 2 games to play before the tournament.

I have to go to bed now. I have a 5k in 8 hours and 15 minutes. Goodnite.

2 comments:

bigmike600 said...

Pat
Its 107 there. Are you kidding me. I do not know how you survive. Stay cool. Stay hydrated. I had thoughts of maybe someday moving there but man that's hot.

Pat said...

Ah, but look below the temperature. If feels like 100. 8% humidity.

Just another day in Paradise.