Monday, September 08, 2008

It's a beautiful day at 5 a.m.

Two morning runs in a row. You think I'm turning over a new leaf, but no. My daughter had to be at the library at 5 in the morning, so I was up at 4:30 and driving her and her two friends to the library. Channel 12 was broadcasting there and my daughter is a kid volunteer. Thank God, she isn't in the band or I'd be up like this all the time.

So, what the heck I decided to go for a run. It was perfect weather. Slightly overcast and it even sprinkled a bit during the run. I got 2.14 miles in.

I'm telling you, it felt like 4 or 5 miles. I was drained after a mile. I think my carb supply lasts me for about that long and then I'm running on empty. Or walking as the case often is.

I'll take the lack of endurance if I'm losing weight. I weighed in at 225.5 this morning. Down about 10 pounds. I've had two weight gains since starting Atkins 24 days ago.

Soapbox warning.


Each happened with drinking a diet coke with Aspartame. Google Aspartame, it's an eye opener. Or google Aspartame and weight loss to find out that this sugar substitute may hinder your weight loss.

Off the soapbox.

Check in tomorrow to see if I get up before the sun for the third day.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

On soapbox --

It seems that anything you ingest these days will cause illness, cancer, or near certain death, depending on who you believe.

Remember when we were kids and we'd gladly take a big drink from the garden hose. Now we know about the bacteria in there, but somehow, we've all survived.

I think it's about moderation. One or two drinks a day should not affect you, but a 2L bottle every day for 5 years, well, maybe so.

-- off soapbox.

Nice job getting a run in at 5 am, Pat.

J~Mom said...

I didn't click the link but I read an article about that last summer that really opened my eyes. I try to drink diet coke only as a treat now. Great job with the run!! SO glad you are back, I missed your blog comments!!

Pokey said...

I'm too lazy tonight to read the article myself....but how about Splenda? It's different than aspartame, but does it have the same possible effect?

I'm a Splenda junkie...I like lots of it in my coffee, and use it in my cereal (shredded wheat) each morning. I mean, who can eat shredded wheat without SOMETHING on it??