Thursday, October 12, 2006

unknown author

~~~~~~~~
Don't compare yourself to others.

Instead, focus on where you've been

versus where you are now

versus where you want to be.
~~~~~~~~~
So I guess I should recap where I've been. In my first post I talked about being able to run just a few houses before I was gasping for breath. But, that day I became a runner. On August 13th, I ran 3 miles in 47 minutes and I made a note in my journal that it was the "Best Run Yet!" On September 2nd I ran in my first organized race, "Run for Brooke" and I ran 3.1 miles (5K) in 42.17, a 13.38 pace. Last night I went for a 4 mile run at a 13 minute pace in 52 minutes flat. I used to think that 3 miles was a long run, but now 4 miles is just a typical run and anything under 3 miles is a short run. I'm hoping that when my 45th birthday comes around in November that 4 and 5 mile runs will be short one's and I will be doing double digits for my long runs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Progress!!! Good job, Pat. I see very easy 6 mile runs on your recovery day in your very near future.