Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The $702.99 run

Time to take my Honda Pilot SUV in for some routine maintanance. They suggest you get a new timing belt and water pump around 60,000 miles too. I hate to throw away a perfectly good timing belt, but if it goes while I'm driving, the cost is a lot more. So, they say. And since they have the engine torn apart you might as well do the water pump. So, they say.

I figure I can take the SUV to the dealership which is a little more than 6 miles away and run home.

David, the service writer: Do you need a ride home?
Me with chest puffed up in pride: Naw, I'm running home.
David, the service writer: How far is home?
Me, proud as can be: Oh, just 6 miles.



Luckily David didn't follow me. About 1.8 miles into my easy run, I'm dieing. I'm dizzy and down to a walk. Guess that bowl of cereal this morning wasn't enough fuel to get me home. Luckily, I was near a gas station. I stopped there and got a gatorade X Factor and a Reese's candy bar. They were great. I got my pep back and made good time for the last 4.5 miles. You can tell were I was dragging by the graph above. I propbably walked close to a half mile. My run this morning was 6.64 miles total and that's after doing a 6 miler last night around 7 pm.

Which gets me over 100 miles for the month of October. My first ever century month and first month I ever ran two half marathons in.



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

way to go Pat!

J~Mom said...

Sweet! I have never had a century month! You rock!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I have to admit that I have done the run from the car dealer to home - but mine is only about 2.5 - 3 miles. But 6? That would slow me down. Great job Pat.

Side note - I am trying to find a way to get to Arizona or a race you are at and meet you someday. I look forward to reading your blog and your comments always make me laugh.

Jeff said...

Sweet run's, Pat. I walked home from the Midas once -- just over a mile.

A century month -- you stud! My hero!

Emil Von Runner said...

I just had my first 50 mile month, I can't imagine doubling that. Awesome job man!

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

That is a very nice run month of running Pat. I think I hit 100 once or twice but not since March of this year.

Margie said...

You should have a few more Reese's Candy Bars. Congrats on the milage.

Nancy said...

Woohoo, 100 is awesome.

I always have trouble with midday runs and nutrition, too. I either don't enough or eat something I shouldn't have. I didn't know about Reeses :D

Unknown said...

Look at you with all that mileage. You should bring your graph back to show the guy at the garage....

Pokey said...

100 MILES! Congrats Pat!

I hope to get there, someday! ;)

Pokey said...

Oh yeah - are you planning on running Saturday morning?