Sunday, September 03, 2006

Another Morning Run

I don't know what is going on. I woke up early again and was out the door by 6 am. It had rained pretty hard last night and this morning it was 74* with 90% humidity. San Diego like weather. I decided to run a new loop. we live about 1.2 miles from Desert Breeze Park. It has a nice lake, playground equipement, tennis courts and some baseball fields. So, I ran to the lake, around the lake and back home. Turns out that's 2.8 miles in great weather.

I am proud to report that I ran this in 36:10. Almost 4 minutes faster than my best 5K time. I didn't realize I was doing so well until I was about finished. Is this a result of a 20* temperature drop? A shorter track? I believe both.

I got on google earth and refigured the loop to make it 3 miles. Maybe I'll run it tomorrow morning.

Enjoy, Pat

Desert Breeze Lake Run

No comments: