Wednesday, September 27, 2006

How Slowwww can I go?

Tonights workout was to see how long I could run and how slow. I've heard lots of runners say to slow it down to be able to run further. To date I have run up to 1.5 miles without stopping. But, then I was spent and I couldn't run for 3 minutes at a time after. Or I would run 5 / walk 1 or 2 and I could do that for 3,4 or 5 miles. My times were always better when I would do the 5/1 plan.

Tonight I ran 3 miles in 41.29. Splits of 13.07/14.27/13.55. What I was most proud of was the fact that I ran the first mile without stopping. I then walked for about 1:20. Then I ran the rest of the mile in about 13 minutes. I was spent. I thought I was done. I couldn't even get inside my house. I sat down on a ledge in front of my house. It was nice and cool and I felt better after 10 minutes. And I was happy that I ran 26 of the first 27:20.

So, I ran some more. I did my third mile in 13.55. I ran 2/3 of the mile. It was a great nite for running.

3 comments:

Dubs said...

Congratulations! Sounds like you got a great workout in!

Unknown said...

Ok, good job. Your endurance is really coming along. Look back at this post 3 months from now and revel in your progress.

Junie B said...

exactly what vic said! i am coming up on my 1st year anniversary of running and i cant wait to run the very same races i did last season to have comparisons!!