Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Negative Splits

I didn't realize it until after I was finished. I knew that I had a chance to get a PR for a 3 mile run at the 2.5 mile mark, but I didn't realize I was putting up negative splits. I'm still walking more than I would like, but tonight I did a 12.58, 12.40 and a 12.24 for a total of 38.04

I'm not out of breath when I stop. My legs just say enough. The last mile I was doing a fast run (for me) of about 50 yards and then walking for about 15 seconds. I guess you could call it intervals.

I wonder if I should do intervals the entire time. Slow jog, medium effort, slow jog, medium effort, ect. If anyone's reading this, give me your opinion.

Another Interesting Website: Running for Fitness is a British website that will calculate how many calories you need to burn or eat, how much over or under weight you might be, your BMI, how much faster you'd be at a lighter weight and other interesting calculations.


thanks, Pat

No comments: