Sunday, August 06, 2006

First 5K

Last night I ran/walked 10 laps around my block. The block is about1/3 of a mile. I consider 10 laps to be equal to a 5K. My calf is still a bit sore, so I did mostly walking. I might have run about 1/3 of the distance or 1 mile off and on. I finished in 53 minutes and worked up a decent sweat.

I read in 'Beginning Running' that the pain maybe associated with my achille's tendon. It's just in my left calf which is usually the leg near the curb. I run on asphalt on a street that is crowned slightly in the middle. I have been running near the curb. I think that the slant of the street has something to do with the soreness.

I don't want to run in the middle of the street, since it is dark and I have my ipod playing. I might move a bit more to the center. I usually see car lights and hear some engine noise, so I think I'll be fine.

Pat

No comments: