Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Donovan McNabb and dumb sheep

Amy and the kids met me at the 10 mile mark. Usually it's the runner that are leaning sideways.
Another short run tonight. 2.16 miles. Physically I feel fine. Mentally I'm not in to it. It's the after race blahs. I need a jump start. Maybe a day off like some of you suggested. Maybe a run in a different local. Maybe a race. I have one this saturday. Maybe that'll be the ticket. But, since I did run tonight, it's 27 days.
NRR - Ranchers rent sheep to eat the weeds. You'll see the sheep in one field one week and then across the street the next. Speaking of animals with real low IQ's (not McNabb):




Donovan McNabb, the Philadelphia Eagles quarterback lives in our town, Chandler Arizona. After his team lost to the Cardinals, some idiots burned 'Go Cards' into his front lawn. They brought their arson kit in a box that just happened to have an address label on it. The police checked it out and arrested the guilty pair. Donovan was just glad he didn't live in Philly. They would have burndt down his whole house.




Other notable Chandler residents:


Dustin Predroia - AL MVP of the Boston Red Sox


Anquan Boldin - WR of the Arizona Cardinals


Matt Lienert - Back up quarterback of the Cards.


Bob Boone - Baseball legend.


Freddy Sanchez - Pittsburgh Pirates


Ryan Fitzpatrick - Cincinnati Bengals quarterback.


Ice T - TV star & rapper.


Pat Monahan - amateur runner

8 comments:

The Boring Runner said...

First comment!

The first thing that struck me was how good you look for 10 miles in! I always get a bit of the blahs after a big race. I normally don't run with any frequency for up to two weeks afterward. A day off may be the ticket.

I heard about the address label and McNabbs house. In fact, I was listening to the radio during my speed work and even stopped to take my headphones off to tell my wife (who was on the treadmill beside me). What a riot.

Glad to hear that I will be moving to a town with so many famous people!

Unknown said...

Hey, I know that Pat Monahan guy. He's one cool cat.

Greg said...

Interesting the ranchers rent the sheep, I thought it was the other way around, that the sheep ranchers rent the land for them to graze on.

Maybe it works both ways. Chin up though, Pat, you're virtually running across america, and that counts for something!

E said...

I think you need a rest day.

I didn't know Ice-T lives there!

Pat said...

Ice T lives down near Alma School and Queen Creek. I think it's just one of many homes.

Irene said...

As others have already said, you look great for 10 miles!

RooBabs said...

Love the sideways pic! Although it kind of gives me a kinked neck, LOL.

I totally have the after race blahs. Or maybe it could just be the crappy-air-can't-breathe-worth-crap blahs. Who knows?

That's kind of funny about the sheep, and also the Donovan McNabb story- stupid criminals. Gotta love it. Oh, and great list, too. I don't know of any celebrities in my town, unless you count Gev from So You Think You Can Dance (which reminds me, I have a post about that I need to write).

Jeff said...

Do you sell maps sports stars homes in your spare time like they do in Beverly Hills?