Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Just not feelin' it

My son made panini's for dinner. He's practicing for when he's away at college so that he can cook for himself. Did I tell you he got accepted to computer programming in the Engineering school at Arizona State University? Not sure how impressive that is, but I do like to say 'Engineering school'.

Back on topic. After dinner I just didn't feel like running. My legs felt fine. I wasn't tired. It was that "I'm full and I just want to sit on the couch, eat ice cream and watch The Biggest Loser". Bob, one of the trainers said at the very beginning of the show that too many Americans did that very thing. I laughed, watched BL and got my running gear on.

At 9, I headed out in sweats, with my gloves on. I could see my breath. It had to be in the 40's. I ran an easy 3 miles at a 11:12 pace. I ran past the really good mexican restaurant and by Red Robin and made it home nice and safe.

Day twelve in the books. I'm cutting my mileage back this week and next for the half marathon on the 18th.

15 comments:

Darrell said...

Sounds like Bob hit you right when you needed it the most.

I don't get the Nine OH nine???

TNTcoach Ken said...

Congrats on your son's acceptance. Glad to hear that you got out in those frigid temps.... I would kill for forty degrees.

Jeff said...

Nice 3 miler.

I'm with Ken, 40 degrees at 9pm would be a major warm front!

Jeff

Unknown said...

Congratulations to your son for his acceptance at ASU. Very cool!

Pat said...

Darrel -It does put a little mystery in my blog. Let me know if you figure it out.

Pat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Irene said...

Congrats to your son!

I soooooooooooooo understand the "just not feeling it." Good for you, though.

Viv said...

I am a huge eater during BL why is prolly the resason I have not watched it. I was totally confused for like a sec.
Congrats to your son engineers are cool.

E said...

Congrats to your son, and great job on running in the COLD! :)

Aaron said...

Pat, I can relate...early morning runs are tough for me...congrats to your son!

Marathoner in Training said...

Congrats to your son, Can we all say "In State Tuition, YEA" Good job on the run, I just went to bed after watching BL.

RooBabs said...

What an accomplishment for your son- congrats! (I have a cousin who graduated from there, but I have no idea what he studied).

I got your comment(s) on my blog, and I'm still planning on the contest. I can't believe the race is just over a week away!

The nine oh nine threw me off, too- but I love a good mystery! I'm guessing that it has something to do with September of this year. Who knows? Maybe it's a tribute to my wedding anniversary, which is, you guessed it- 9/9/09!! (I am not lying, either).

I am amazed at your running streak- keep it up! Good luck with the rest of your training, too.

Oh, and BL is still waiting for me at home on my Tivo, and I'm dying to watch it (while using the elliptical machine, of course, ha ha). Gotta love that Bob. = )

My Life said...

So glad you were inspired by Trainer Bob to get moving. I always find myself craving a fat glass of wine whenever I watch A&E's Intervention... we humans are sick! :)

Speaking of The Biggest Loser - didn't you organize one on here last year? I'm thinking it would be fun (fun?) to be a part of one while I try to lose my last lbs this year. Tips? Leads? Interest in leading another? ;)

J~Mom said...

Congrats to your son!! That is very cool!

Database Diva said...

Getting accepted into engineering school is great, and computer programming is very cool. Where do you think all of those video games come from!

Computing has kept me living indoors for 30 years :) Congratulations to your son. You have every reason to be proud.