Saturday, January 17, 2009

Twas the night before. . .

It's 8:30 pm, just 12 hours before the start of the 2009 PF Chang's Rock 'N' Roll Half Marathon and I just finished a 1.2 mile run at a 10:41 pace.


I think I'm ready.
Pat, Candace, Christina, Caroline, Karen
all running the half.
Early I enjoyed a great italian meal at Candace and Johnny's cul de sac. Yeah, we had a wonderful carb fest the night before the race, Arizona style. While the kids played in the cul de sac, Johnny 'better than Carrabas' C made three different styles of pasta. We ate on picnic tables in the driveway. The weather was perfect and the night was filled with marathon talk.
I think I'm ready.
Tonight was the 23 day in a row of running. If I can run 13.1 miles tomorrow like I ran one tonight, I'll be on cloud 9. Here' I come half marathon #9

4 comments:

billdowis said...

Good luck on the half tomorrow... I cant wait to see a race report.

I love the t-shirt!

Mary Gee said...

It was so great to meet you today! What a fun group you are!

J~Mom said...

Great picture! Glad you all had a great dinner!!

Darrell said...

That sounds like the perfect carbo load dinner, very cool setting.