Saturday, August 11, 2007

ARR Race #5 - South Mountain

I love to run in South Mountain Park. It's close to home (I wish it were closer), it is classic desert views, the main road into the park at 6:30 am doesn't have traffic. It's just a great place to run. Especially if you like hills. Here I am at the top - Dobbin's Lookout. The race started near the golf course behind and below me. Luckily, the race wasn't up to this point.
Here's the check in. I really like the rocky hill in the background. If you look close you can see Javamom (Lisa) checking in.



Back up at the top of South Mountain. You can see downtown Phoenix in the distance. You might have to click on the photo to enlarge.



Some more photos up on the mountain.





Saguaro's are all over the park. This is a huge recreation area in the heart of Phoenix. I believe it's the largest city park in the US.






Lots of cyclists were on the roads. I had to be careful, since I drove my truck to the top.





I didn't hit any runners or cyclists. But, this guy wasn't so lucky. Not sure if his head is missing, I wonder if it's a sovenir for someone.













3 comments:

J~Mom said...

Great pics!! What a surprise! I didn't even know you had your camera!:>)

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Awesome pictures Pat. I love mountains yet I have none anywhere near me.

bigmike600 said...

Pat those pictures are amazing. Makes me want to move there someday. It amazes me the difference in colors between where you live and I do.