Thursday, August 09, 2007

Google Earth is pretty cool.

Got my last run in before the 5k race on Saturday. It was 101 fahrenhiet, so I just wanted to go slow, like BigMike out in Wisconsin advises. I had a Chocolate Outrage GU before the run and at 2.3 miles I had a Tri-Berry GU. I think both of them helped me a lot. I only had two small walk breaks over 4 miles. I ran 88% of the time.

Run: 4.02
Time: 50.08
Pace: 12.28
Days: 30 Consecutive.
Splits: 11.28,11.31,13.57,13.08


Here's a view of my race on Saturday. It's at South Mountain park. We arn't going up the entire way, but we will climb over 150 feet on the first half of the course. Then, it's all downhill. You can see in the distance where I live. You can see the lower left is the gun club. So, during our race we might have people shooting at us. Good thing we have that foothill for protection. Click on the picture to enlarge.

4 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Wow! What a view!

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Good luck in your race Pat. I will be waiting for the race report.

bigmike600 said...

By viewing your HR data, I'd say go even slower. Keep the HR in the 140-145 range. It's gonna feel like you are crawlin but it will allow you to go farther and then the one day a week when you run harder, you will feel a difference. Nice job on the streak Pat. thinkin about starting my own so you will have incentive to keep going.

Jeff said...

I think Mike's in the wrong profession.

How'd you like that Chocolate GU? Ate one half way through a 10 mile race and had to drink four cups of water to get the past off of my tongue. I do much better with the fruity flavors.