Wednesday, August 15, 2007

BP & 3M


Headed over to Kiwanis Park, one of my favorite places to run. Went to the hitting cage first and hit for 25-30 minutes. Then I strapped on the garmin and went for a nice slow run in the dark.

My first mile was done at 11.35, a bit on the fast side for me. Might have been a bit of a vanity fartlek becuase I was running past all the parents watching their kids practice football.

Yes, it was pee wee football and they practice after the sun sets on our softball fields with the lights. The high schools practice right after school in 105-110 degree heat. I played 7 years of football (2 in college), but I doubt I would have played at all in Arizona. I just wasn't feeling it tonight, so I ended up walking some. I still ran 75% of the time. At around 2.1 miles I took an 11 second pitstop (according to garmin). You can even see on the map me ducking into the john in the middle of the softball fields. I eat a GU (tri-berry, my favorite) and finished my run strong. The last 1/2 mile was at a 12:19 pace.

I should have taken a picture. On one of the softball fields the city of tempe has adult kickball. One game going on in left field, the other in right field. They were having a blast and I watched it after my run. I even got to see the 2nd basewoman yelling at the umpire about him awarding 3rd base to a runner. It was fun to watch, but not softball.

So, if you haven't figured out what the title means - BP stands for batting practice and 3m stands for 3 miles.

.

Quote of the day is from John Wooden, the legendary basketball coach of UCLA - "The road to mastery is through the eight laws of learning: explanation, demonstration, imitation, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition and repetition."

.

Run: 3.01

Time: 39.45

Temp: 101 nite

Days: 35 consecutive

Mental: felt good, but felt tired and didn't do anything to redirect my thinking.

I updated my photos of all my tees and medals. Amy is going to take most of them and make me a quilt. If you're really bored, check them out.

4 comments:

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Adult kick ball, how cool is that???

J~Mom said...

I want to sign up for kickball!

Great job on your run!

Unknown said...

It mapped your pit stop - teeheehee.
Kickball sounds awesome!

MNFirefly said...

Nice job, Pat!