Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Bonds 756 Monahan 776.8



Those are career homers for Barry and career mileage for me. I guess I'm in the lead by 20.8 and I'm still going. {insert steroid joke here}.





Run 2.5 miles


Time: 28:52


Pace: 11.31


Days: 28 consecutive





I decided to change it up a bit tonight, so I ran my normal route in reverse. I went to the park first, past the elementary school, thru Sunrise (subdivision) and onto D'Arcy Ranch. I wanted to go out slow and keep running. Each half mile split was at an 11.27-11.31 pace. I stayed between 8.55 and 13.47 the entire run. This was the most consistant run I've had this summer. I did do one thing different. Before my run I had a GU. Did it help? I have some more and I will use them over the next few runs to see.



Quote of the day: Many of life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.~ Thomas Edison

****

Quiz: I showed you a spring training site a few days ago. That park is in Chandler, AZ and used to be the spring home of the Milwaukee Brewers. It's no longer used, but the practice fields are being used for softball and baseball.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the Edison quote.
btw- do you choose how many random characters I need to type in to do the verification? I swear they have been 20 letters long lately! :-)

J~Mom said...

Ah ha! Was that snedigar? Darn, I should have known that!

Great job getting out!

Pat said...

There's several different difficulty levels.

I choose the Wisconsin level. It says if the commenter has a cheese wedge on her head it will make it extremely difficult.

Try leaving comments without the cheese wedge.

Just kiddin'. I think I'll try it without the security.

Jeff said...

Imagine if Bonds has used GU instead of The Clear.

Unknown said...

very funny smartypants.