Monday, August 06, 2007

Morning and Night


The weather was so good tonight I decided to run a second time. I wanted to see if I could maintain a 10 minute pace for two miles. If I want to set a PR this Saturday, I'll need to be under 31 minutes or a ten minute pace. If I want to be under 30 minutes (major goal) I need to be under 9:40 pace.



As you can see my first split was a 9:56 mile. During my second split I needed a couple short walk breaks and I did an 11:45 mile. One minute and 41 seconds over my goal.



Saturdays race will be 1.55 miles up and then back down the north side of South Mountain. So, the question is - How fast can I make it up the front half? If it takes me 17 minutes to get up can I then make it down in less than 14 minutes or better yet, 13 minutes? Tonight it took me 16.46 to make it 1.55 miles on flat ground. My strategy is to feed off the adreline of running with the faster runners for as long as I can. Take a small break at the turn around and race down the mountain. I'll either make a PR or crash and burn in 45 minutes.








Wish me luck. Gotta run, Pat

Oh by the way. . . I have three posts from today, so keep reading.

1 comment:

Irene said...

What's up with all these hills and mountains these days? LOL. It seems like there's a bunch of tough runs like that right now. Good luck! I'm sure you'll do just fine. I'm looking forward to the details when it's done!

Take care.