Monday, August 20, 2007

Take me out to the Ballgame.

I ran to Desert Breeze Lake again. I like this route, but I'm going to have to go the long way to get my short runs up to 5 miles. Last winter most of my runs were 5 miles or longer. Tonight I started by going north before heading over to the lake. Then I did two laps around the lake and ball fields.

Activity: Run
Miles: 4.36
Time: 59 minutes
Pace: 13.32
Days: 41 consecutive days of exercise.
Mental: Felt good most of the run. My legs hurt early. Different than the usual pain. But, it went away after a mile. Saw the kids practicing football which reminded me of Lucas, up in Wisconsin.

The other night I dropped my daughter off at the Freshman Dance. I had some time to kill so I went over to the Oakland A's training facility. The Rookie A's were playing the Rookie Angels. Rookie League games are free. You get about 30 to 50 people watching. Most are family members or affiliated with baseball in some way. I watched a few innings.

Now that I'm done with running a cool dip int he pool would be nice. But, since I live in Arizona and it's August I'll have to settle for my pool with warm water. Pools have to be chilled to be cold this time of year. Ironic, huh? This is a picture of the hot tub at one of my townhomes I just listed for sale. It looks more refreshing than my pool.


Baseball Quiz: There are five major league teams named after their socks. Can you name all five? I know you can name two.

English Lesson: Their, there and they're. Which one to use? Take this test and then read this definition. This is more for me than anyone else. I scored a 95%, so maybe I don't really need this lesson.

4 comments:

J~Mom said...

Bleck, I hate swimming in warm pool water! We are almost to that cooler weather! So close now!

Unknown said...

100% on the test.

FV Tom said...

Red Sox, White Sox, Cinncinati Red Legs, AARRRRGGHHHH! I don't know the other two!

Jeff said...

Pat, do tell. I only came up with three, too.