Friday, August 17, 2007

The Distance Debate


Just thought you might want to see this part of my run. Courtesy of my Garmin, you can see me zig zagging on my way out. I am about 3/4 of a mile into my run as I head west (right to left). The straight line is me heading back home. No games here, as I'm about 3 miles into the run.
I did it for fun a couple weeks back, but it did add some distance to my run. I've been thinking about running and making designs at the same time. Like a Garmin crop circle.
I do like to have fun when I run.
I found a new gadget I want. It's only $399 and every runner has sunglasses. The reason it would be cool, is that I want to run, map and photo my experience and stopping to take out my cell phone to snap a picture doesn't always work with the running part.
Quote of the Day: "We all can't be heroes, someone has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by" - Will Rogers

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe I just haven't been running long enough to think of making my own garmin crop circles!

MNFirefly said...

Wow! Sounds like FUN!

Irene said...

Oooh, now I think you have something... Doing runs with your GPS device to make pictures! The possibilities!

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Pat I can only imagine what the neighbors were thinking when they saw this.

Pat said...

It was 105 out. No one in their right mind was outside.